YouTube’s Future in Podcasting – PCI 288
Leaked plans from YouTube about podcasting have come out this week and gotten some excitement out of the podcasting industry. A move that would effect the entire industry, we are curious to see where this one goes. Stick around for some news on additional upcoming releases from Blubrry, why you should do a giveaway and showing your credibility to the world, as a podcaster.
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know. Emails are listed at the bottom of show notes.
- Leaked slides show YouTube’s podcasting plans? This comes after a somewhat lackluster session at Podcast Movement.
- RODE has released their first ever headphones, NTH-100. We imagine they’d pair nicely with a RODECaster Pro.
- Podnews’ Podcast Report Card results are here and EarBuds Podcast Collective is joining Podnews
- The podcast app, Overcast has been redesigned
- The 2022 Podcast Hall of Fame class was inducted at Podcast Movement Evolutions. Congratulations to all of the inductees!
- The Webbys are launching a new podcast awards show.
- Freakonomics gets it’s own satellite channel on Sirius/XM
Host a giveaway on your show
It’s very easy and can still be cost effective. This giveaway can be exclusive content, merchandise, tickets to an event, etc. Engaging and interacting with your audience creates loyal listeners.
- Speaking of… we have a giveaway ending at midnight EST March 31, 2022 for a $150 Amazon gift card. Watch our podcast stats demo, comment and share on social and you’ll be entered to win!
- Blog post: Delegate it or Ditch It! – by Tara O’Brien
- New onboarding in PowerPress 9.0. Look for a blog post with more details on this soon.
- Coming soon, new graphics for the audience survey results
Showing your credibility
Question of the Week: Does Blubrry hosting work with Kajabi? (also applies to other website platforms).
Answer: Not exactly, but YES. Confused yet? Our PowerPress plugin for WordPress only works on the WordPress platform. Our hosting works anywhere because you have the option to generate your feed and a player embed from blubrry.com and then embedding or linking to it on your website.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studio in Coldwater, Michigan & Mike Dell’s World Studio in Traverse City, Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235