More Podcast Industry Acquisitions – PCI 274
The big companies are buying more podcast assets. Todd and Mike talk about Captivate and Whooshkaa getting acquired. Today is a no-edit show. Everyone have a Happy Holiday!
Thanks for joining us on this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
- Captivate acquired by Global, part of DAX. Congrats!
- Spotify has acquired Whooshkaa
- Brian Williams, former NBC/MSNBC anchor now has a podcast, We Interrupt This Broadcast, which made it to #1 on Apple Podcasts!
- Ten Percent Happier is starting its own podcast studio
- Spotify adds star ratings, you cannot rate unless you have listened
Best Practice: 3 steps to double-check your episode after you publish
- Press play. By that we mean ensure it’s playing correctly. Click play on the player and make sure you hear it start playing.
- Check your RSS feed. Go to castfeedvalidator.com and run a validation check.
- Relax in the knowledge that your show will go out as normal!
- The team will be out the following days for the holidays: December 24th and December 31st.
- Get your predictions in for our New Years Eve Eve show. Email email@example.com (Audio would be great but text is ok as well).
- Blog Post: The Value of Spending Marketing on Your Show by David Day
Blubrry Pro Tip – Pro team out for the rest of the year.
Question(s) of the Week
Question: I have a really long interview that I recorded, it’s over 2 hours. Should I break it up into two episodes or should I just put it out full-length?
Answer: In most cases, play the whole thing in one episode. Maybe think of editing it down to less than 2 hours. Make sure it’s not boring! But, do not break things up into 2 parts if you can help it.
Got a question you’d like us to answer on the show? Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (audio, text, video) and we may use it.
The best place for support with any Blubrry products/services is our ticket system (https://blubrry.com/support/). Tickets give the whole team access rather than direct emails or calls.
Coming to you this week from the New Media Studio in southern Michigan and Mike Dell’s World Studio in northern Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only). Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only). Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235