Blubrry is introducing a new web-based podcast player that uses transcription products integrated with Rev. This player will provide Blubrry podcasters with closed captioning and transcriptions, making every word actionable and accessible.
There’s more to a podcast than only audio. Its content should be available for everyone in whatever format they desire or require. We are excited to offer an accessible podcast audio player, a first in podcasting. Rev, our new transcription partner, is the #1 speech-to-text service in the world. All Blubrry Hosting customers will receive a free trial of this new integration until Sept. 30, 2022.
What Are the Advantages of a Podcast Transcript?
- Accessibility for the hard of hearing, neurodivergent, and others
- Repurposing such content as books, speeches, and presentations
- Editing, fact-checking, and quality control
- Brand safety for advertisers
- SEO optimization to expand your reach and grow your audience
Almost all social media platforms offer closed captioning, including broadcast television and movies. Podcasting is long overdue for closed captioning, and Blubrry is proud to be a pioneer.
- Go to the Transcript box in the “Create Episode” or “Create Post” on the dashboard or in WordPress.
- Use the pull-down to select “Generate Transcript”.
- Publish your episode.
- Your transcript will be automatically available within 3-5 minutes after publishing.
- Select the new modern audio player from the audio player selection menu
Until Sept. 30, 2022, all Blubrry Hosting customers may try this for free. Podcasters can add the service for $10 a month with a translation limit equal to their media storage level.
Podcasters using third-party translation services can also upload SRT and VTT compatible transcripts. Those using Descript will have the transcript file automatically added to the transcript menu selection when they push their audio/transcript to Blubrry from Descript.
To learn more about the Rev integration, visit our partner page. We’ll also demonstrate how to use it on our company show, Podcast Insider, so take a look and see it in action.