The new IAB Podcast Measurement document was released, episode level images have been updated for the Blubrry player and lots of podcasting job postings. Todd and Mike recap on these topics and more, including Mike starting up PowerPress webinars again. Thanks for listening to the show and please subscribe at PowerPressPodcast.com.
- New guidelines have been set for podcast statistics. Blubrry is proud to be part of the Interactive Advertising Bureau and we want to make sure you review the measurement guidelines as well. – IAB Podcast Measurement Document
- Episode level image for the Blubrry player – In the PowerPress update we made a slight change to the player. See the image for this episode at PowerPressPodcast.com.
- Looking to make podcasting part of your resume? Lots of podcasting job announcements went out recently. – Take a look at some of them here.
- We got together! Blubrry team meeting – This was the largest gathering of RawVoice / Blubrry team members ever! Looking forward to more of these in the future as well.
- Blubrry webinars – Recently we’ve taken a bit of time off for these and are happy to share this next one with you. Tune in and register to attend the upcoming PowerPress webinar. Thursday, 7/27 4PM EDT – Sign up here!
- Importing and migrating from Soundcloud (or anywhere else).
- Canceling a subscription to hosting or statistics – Use the Billing section in the Podcaster Dashboard.
- Once your show is listed in the Blubrry directory, do EVERYTHING from the Podcaster Dashboard. This will avoid multiple listings in the directory and your account.
- “Upload to iTunes.” No, YOU DON’T EVER UPLOAD DIRECTLY TO ITUNES/APPLE. Loads of podcasters are under the impression that you RSS feed PUSHES to Apple Podcasts (iTunes). It does not. Apple Podcasts (when it sees fit) PULLS your feed. It asks for your feed when it gets around to it and PULLS your feed to update your listing. Your subscribers (even in Apple) subscribe to your feed and after that never really touch Apple Podcasts (the service) again. They are just subscribed to your feed directly in the iTunes software or the iOS Podcasts app. Subscribe to your own podcast, that way you can tell if everything is working correctly when you release a new episode. It works the same as every other directory and/or app.