In the second episode of Your Podcast Todd and Mike go over some general podcasting tips – including a lesson learned from Mike — current news, and lastly tech topics. If you’re not using PowerPress yet but are interested in ensuring SEO for your show, read the Google announcement below and consider updating your website. Thanks for listening and subscribe to the show to be the first to get new episodes every other Monday.
- Do not update or let your computer do any kind of update before a recording with someone else. (Mike was on his laptop with a USB headset this episode due to NOT taking this advice).
- How recording your podcast live can help you become a better podcaster.
- Editing pros and cons – how much do you edit?
- When should you update your show’s artwork?
- Google SEO announcement for podcasts. **PowerPress already has this feature**
To enable SEO in PowerPress: Feeds Tab — Check the box ‘Include podcast feed links in HTML headers’ — Save Settings. (Make sure you are in advanced mode in PowerPress to see the Feeds tab)
This is another example of why it’s good to have your own website be where your RSS feed comes from.
- Subscribe links – how to populate them (PowerPress and Generator).
- Why you should be asking people to subscribe to your podcast, rather than saying “Find us in iTunes.”