Congratulations for upgrading to PowerPress 2.0. We have an amazing number of new features and improvements in this new version for both audio and video creators. Folks making video will want to check out the new HTML5 video player, WebM support and Embeds feature! PowerPress 2.0 provides an optimized viewing experience for the widest spectrum of hardware/software including web browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari), mobile devices (e.g. iPhone, iPad, Android), and TV’s (e.g. Google TV, Roku, Boxee).
Some of the new features and enhancements include:
- HTML5 video player
- HTML5 audio player
- Embeds your audience can take with them just like YouTube.
- WebM video support
- Ogg audio/video support improvements
- MP4+WebM (for mp4/m4v video, a new alternative WebM URL field is available. This is ideal for supporting all browser based HTML5 video players)
- Flow Player Classic can now play m4a audio and mp4/m4v video
- New Video Player settings page added
- Settings pages enhanced with new options such as location, frequency and T.V. options
- Episode Entry box enhanced with new ‘isHD’ option when video entered into Media URL box
- Episode Entry box now includes option to configure video player width/height on a per-episode basis
- Upload image option added to supplement the video poster image field. Images are uploaded to the built-in image gallery in WordPress.
- Plus a number of improvements
Please see readme.txt for complete list of changes and notes. If you have not upgraded PowerPress yet be sure to do so today!