EP07 Product Manager: The best hire you could make with Kevin Houlihan
In episode 7 of the Persevere Podcast, Patty talks with Kevin Houlihan, President, and CEO of ImageMover, about the critical need for a product manager within your organization.
Kevin is a dynamic, data-driven sales and product leader with a passion for building true partnerships, strong products, and memorable customer experiences. He has a proven track record in sales, engineering, and product management. He can move from strategy to execution while creating alignment between stakeholders from the C-Suite to the front line.
Key takeaways from the podcast are:
- Product managers (PMs) need to work closely with leadership and the CEO, so key messages are shared throughout the entire organization.
- PMs need to explain the same message in different ways to improve communication across the organization.
- PMs need to connect with all stakeholders and personality types.
- When hiring a PM consider the following:
- Someone comfortable with the sales process and engineering
- Someone who can understand the product better than anyone
- Someone who is a good listener
- Someone who is not afraid to interact with customers
- Someone who continually asks questions to get a better understanding
- Why is it important to hire a PM?
- Time optimization - to make sure the track you lay down is the right track to be on and you can make progress collaboratively.
Take a listen and get inspired to hire a product manager to take your company to the next level!