Professional Development: Marketing, Development, Sustainability
Writing Project sites have been launching a wide range of professional development opportunities and have been planning for future professional development opportunities. Join us as we chat with Writing Project site leaders about planning for, designing, and marketing professional development with a focus on site sustainability.
- Janie Baer-Leighton taught English and Argumentation and Debate at Amherst High School, Amherst, MA. She is the WMWP Professional Development Coordinator.
- Diana Roy taught high school and middle school ELA and was the Curriculum Director for the Ludlow Public Schools, Ludlow, MA. She is the WMWP Project Manager for two C3WP grants.
- Harriet Kulig teaches 7th grade geography at Birchland Middle School in East Longmeadow, MA. She is a co-facilitator of the professional development program "Exploring with a Lens on Local History".
- Cecilia Pattee taught middle school bilingual social studies and science and high school ESL in Nampa, ID, instructional coach for the Idaho Department of Education, and is currently a Thinking Partner for four NWP sites as they facilitate C3WP grants in their area.
- Kelly Sassi taught English at West Valley High School in Fairbanks, AK and now prepares future ELA teachers at North Dakota State University in Fargo. She also serves as Director of the Red River Valley Writing Project and is on the C3WP Leadership Team.
Links from the Show