Educating for Empathy: An Interview with Nicole Mirra
What is empathy and how is it different than sympathy? What role does literature play in developing critical civic empathy? For this episode of NWP Radio, we'll be interviewing Nicole Mirra about her recently released book Educating for Empathy: Literacy Learning and Civic Engagement.
- Nicole Mirra, Assistant Professor of Urban Teacher Education at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Graduate School of Education
- Tanya Baker, Director of National Programs, National Writing Project
Links from the Show
- Educating for Empathy: Literacy Learning and Civic Engagement
- "From Connected Learning to Connected Teaching: A Necssary Step Forward"
- Nicole on Twitter
- October's #NCTEchat: Teaching toward Empathy in Today’s English Classrooms
- Wakelet summary of the Twitter chat about empathy from 10/14/18