#16 Don't Forget Your Flashlight!
Lyssa Kay Adams will be live online with Jen interviewing on April 21 @7pm! Registration is now live!
TW: discussions of rape, dubious consent, forced consent, violence against women and domestic abuse, kidnapping, forced captivity, forced drug use, torture scenarios, severe S&M, blood and knife play, NSFW content, language use
Welcome back to the scary world of Dark Romance, fellow romance junkies! We hope you brought your blankie and a flashlight, because we're diving right on in. In this mini episode Jen and Jackie discuss "Sweetest Obsession" by Ann Mayburn, and "Den of Vipers" by K.A. Knight (spoiler alert, Jackie did NOT like the Mayburn book). We look into some rather heavy topics, so please take the trigger warnings to heart for this episode. But, if you want to hear Jackie get really mad at a book and then speak really fast, plug in those earbuds, hit that play button, and don't forget to sparkle on!
The below links are resources for you to use at your own discretion. We here at Raging Romantics support and love you.
- "Sweetest Obsession" by Ann Mayburn
- "Den of Vipers" by K.A. Knight
- "When She Purrs" by Ruby Dixon
- "King" by T.M. Frazier
- "Sweet Cruelty" by Zoe Blake
- Reverse Harem : Subgenre that consists of one female protagonist and three or more male love interests. (Johnson)
- Switching : "A switch is someone who demonstrates both characteristics and is comfortable with both submissive and dominant roles" (Fielding, 2021)
- Masking : Also called "camouflaging," this is when a person "is artificially performing social behavior that is deemed to be more socially acceptable (by neurotypical standards) or hiding behavior that might be viewed as socially unacceptable" (Egeskov, 2019)
More authors we recommend:
Podcasts listened to for Lyssa Kay Adams prep!
- "Author Interview: Lyssa Kay Adams" Read it Or List it (2020)
- "Interview with Lyssa Kay Adams" Reading Women (2020)
Don't forget, our interview will air May 7! Shoot us an email @ RagingRomantics@gmail.com if you have any questions you would like to submit!