Mindy Diamond on Independence: A Podcast for Financial Advisors Considering Change
A Lawyer’s Advice on How to Protect Your Business Now and Into the Future
A Conversation with Attorney David Gehn, Chairman of the Litigation Department at New York law firm Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole, LLP.
It’s impossible not to recognize how the business and personal lives of every one of us have changed—making the ability to gain clarity for today as well as prepare for tomorrow an imperative.
With that in mind, Mindy invited attorney David Gehn to be a guest on this episode to share actionable advice on how to protect your business now and post-crisis. (David, you might recall, was on the show just over a year ago to share his knowledge on navigating the transition process.)
He and his firm are on the frontlines of the crisis, working with advisors on transitions and serving as a lifeline on how to best navigate these uncertain times.
In this episode, David shares his experiences, including:
- Understanding the risks that advisors and firms are currently facing—and how to avoid them.
- The role of communication—and what’s most important to focus on with clients right now.
- The impact of this crisis on advisors with promissory notes/employee forgivable loans (EFLs)—and advice on how to renegotiate terms.
- What advisors need to know if considering a transition—and best practices that are even more important to adopt at this time.
- How to address the challenges RIAs are currently facing—and what opportunities and relief programs are available.
As David so aptly says, now is the time to use this “collective pause” to refocus, regroup and double-down on nurturing relationships. His informed, practical advice and positive outlook are especially helpful right now and will help guide you into the future.
For more information on this episode and resources related to this topic, visit: https://www.diamond-consultants.com/lawyers-advice-on-how-to-protect-your-business-now-and-into-the-future/