Mindy Diamond on Independence: A Podcast for Financial Advisors Considering Change
Brian Hamburger Talks Trends, Options and Opportunity—and What Advisors Need to Consider Before Making the Leap
Few people in the wealth management space are as well-versed as Brian Hamburger. And no surprise as he wears many hats. He is the Founder and Managing Member of Hamburger Law Firm, a practice focused on the investment and securities industry, as well as the Founder, President and CEO of MarketCounsel, one of the industry’s leading business and regulatory compliance consulting firms.
No other industry consultant or attorney has counseled more breakaway brokers than Brian. And that is why he is known as the architect behind many of the best independent firms launched in the past decade.
In this episode, Mindy taps into Brian’s unique combination of legal acumen, business knowledge and entrepreneurialism to weigh in on the following:
- How the “perfect storm” of the 3 colliding forces of advisor sentiment, client expectations and brokerage firm retention efforts are driving movement and change—and how these forces will impact the momentum towards independence.
- What’s driving the robust M&A market—and how some of the biggest deals over the past year serve as key indicators for much more to come.
- What an advisor needs to know to prepare for a move—and why these steps should be taken well in advance of a transition.
- What to be aware of in a post-Protocol world—and his expectations for more departures from the seminal agreement.
- How technology has been the real game-changer in the wealth management space—and why the leveled playing field it’s created has served as one of the greatest drivers of movement away from the wirehouses.
As Brian shares, “Advisors just want to get what’s best. They want access to best of breed technology, investment options and support—and they don't want to have to go through a firm in order to get it.” And in the new world order, they can have all that and more. Listen in to a fascinating conversation around the possibilities that exist now and the opportunities coming down the pike.
For more information about this episode and links to related resources and other shows from the series, visit: https://www.diamond-consultants.com/brian-hamburger-on-trends-options-and-opportunity-what-advisors-need-to-consider