Leaders Sport Business Podcast
At home with Leaders: Neville Upton & Simon Thorp
Asif Kapadia’s Diego Maradona viewed through sportsbiz goggles | The BBC’s Italia 90 semifinal coverage under the microscope | Where esports is plugging the gap left by the lack of live sport.
Episode 80 of the Leaders Sport Business Podcast - brought to you in partnership with Onside Law - features a conversation with Neville Upton, founder and president of esports events and production company Gfinity, and Onside Law founding partner Simon Thorp (discussion starts at 18:58).
On the conversational agenda:
- How esports is helping to plug the programming gap;
- The different approaches being taken by traditional rights holders and athletes moving into virtual sports;
- The extra activity, audience, and engagement and if, when, and how it's translating into revenue;
- The specifications and resource needed to set up virtual events;
- The short-term impact and opportunities, and the long-term legacy for esports.