How to be a Redhead
S5 Ep 24: Expert Tips with Redhead Beauty Journalist, Shannon Bauer
Shannon Bauer is a beauty journalist, certified professional makeup artist and natural redhead. She has been reporting on beauty trends and formulations, and has tested the latest products for 8+ years professionally. When not on the hunt for the next best mascara, you can find her running in Brooklyn, reading a book, or trying out a new restaurant.
Follow her on Instagram: @shannonmarie.beauty
We ask her the following:
- What was it like for you growing up as a redhead?
- You post a lot of photos with curly hair. Is your hair naturally curly? What’s your secret for beautiful curls?
- Do you do anything special to keep your red hair vibrant?
- We love talking about SKIN! We see on Instagram that you get waxed. What kind of hair removal would you recommend for redheads with skin too sensitive for waxing?
- You made a post about how good skin does not equal flawless skin. We think this is an important message considering so many people use filters to make their skin look perfectly smooth. What does it mean to have “good skin” – especially for redheads with sensitivity?
- You are an advocate for sunscreen as skincare. Which brands do you use?
- What products are you loving for your morning skincare routine right now?
- Red hair is trending in 2023 – it seems to trend every year. What do you think about this?
Daily, we get an array of questions from social media comments, emails, and direct messages. We thought it would be fun to bring these to the How to be a Redhead podcast! We answer 2-4 questions per podcast. Do you want to send in your questions? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead.
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe! You can listen to this podcast directly on HowtobeaRedhead.com, on Apple iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts. And don’t forget to look at the podcast notes to find links with products mentioned.. and so much more. Rock it like a Redhead!
Produced by: Adrienne + Stephanie Vendetti. Pam Cameron
Edited By: Robert Cummins Film Co.