How to be a Redhead
S5, Ep 25: Redheads + Tattoos with Lyndi Lou (Do We Feel More Pain?)
We have done many episodes and have posted many articles on HowtobeaRedhead.com about redheads feeling more pain, or feeling pain differently. Since we know getting tattoos can be painful, we had to dedicate an entire episode to this topic. We couldn't have chosen a better guest than Lyndi Lou. She is a natural redhead, tattoo artist and owner of Mama Tried Tattoo Parlour in Louisville, Kentucky. She is also a painter & wood burner.
Follow her on Instagram: @lyndilou
Questions we ask her:
- What was it like for you growing up as a redhead?
- Your style is often described as colorful, whimsical, and humorous. How do you incorporate these elements into your tattoo designs?
- Do you think redheads have specific needs when it comes to choosing a tattoo artist?
- The pain tolerance of redheads is a debated topic. As a natural redhead, and someone who often sees people handle pain, what is your opinion?
- Have you ever had any clients who were hesitant about getting a tattoo because of pain, and how do you help them prepare for their appointment(s)?
- Can you tell us about any specific tattoo design that you're particularly proud of or that holds a special significance to you?
- Tattoo removal! Do you know about it?
Daily, we get an array of questions from social media comments, emails, and direct messages. We thought it would be fun to bring these to the How to be a Redhead podcast! We answer 2-4 questions per podcast. Do you want to send in your questions? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead.
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe! You can listen to this podcast directly on HowtobeaRedhead.com, on Apple iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts. And don’t forget to look at the podcast notes to find links with products mentioned.. and so much more. Rock it like a Redhead!
Produced by: Adrienne + Stephanie Vendetti. Pam Cameron
Edited By: Robert Cummins Film Co.