How to be a Redhead
S5, Ep 21: Makeup Tips With Celebrity Redhead Makeup Artist, Courtney Housner
Courtney Housner is a redhead, celebrity makeup artist, and hairstylist. She began her career in entertainment in 2012. Since embarking on the journey as a freelance artist, she has participated in a number of projects ranging from music videos, magazine publications, commercials, feature films, creating custom wigs/styling, and red carpet events.
Courtney has become a personal hair/makeup artist to some of Hollywood’s stars such as Jay Shetty, Don Toliver, Jharrel Jerome, Toheeb Jimoh, Nia and Bill Burr, and Giancarlo Esposito.
Her work can be seen on the pages of Vogue, Teen Vogue, Glamour, People, Deadline, Bustle, Variety, and Vulkan.
Follow her on Instagram here.
We asked her the following questions:
- What was it like for you growing up as a redhead?
- Can you tell us about your journey as a hairstylist and makeup artist, and what inspired you to pursue this career path?
- How did your skincare and haircare needs change when you moved from Wisconsin to Los Angeles?
- What are some common mistakes that people make when applying makeup?
- Redheads can find makeup overwhelming. Can you recommend two essential products if someone is just dipping their toes into makeup?
- We think the first step in makeup is great skincare. Can you share any tips or tricks for maintaining healthy hair and skin in a dry climate like Los Angeles?
- Do you use any products to boost the vibrancy of your red hair?
- Let's talk about redhead hair extensions.
- What projects or collaborations do you have coming up in the future?
Daily, we get an array of questions from social media comments, emails, and direct messages. We thought it would be fun to bring these to the How to be a Redhead podcast! We answer 2-4 questions per podcast. Do you want to send in your questions? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead.
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe! You can listen to this podcast directly on HowtobeaRedhead.com, on Apple iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts. And don’t forget to look at the podcast notes to find links with products mentioned.. and so much more. Rock it like a Redhead!
Produced by: Adrienne + Stephanie Vendetti. Pam Cameron
Edited By: Robert Cummins Film Co.