How to be a Redhead
S5, Ep 19: Redheads + Laser Hair Removal with Matthew Rundle
We're always asked if redheads can get laser hair removal. Season 2, Episode 12 we talked about this very topic. But, lasers are getting more and more advanced and is there an update *four* years later?
We're calling our guest all the way across the pond -- in London, UK. Matthew Rundle is our guest today. He owns Mayfair Aesthetics Laser and Skin Clinic with four (4) locations in London. Mayfair has won twelve (12) awards and helped over 10,000 clients achieve smooth, hair-free skin. Besides laser hair removal, Mayfair also offers a range of skin treatments including facials, peels, and semi-permanent makeup.
We ask him the following questions:
- What is laser hair removal and will it work for redheads?
- What is the difference between electrolysis and laser hair removal?
- What is IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) and who does it work for? Your clinic also offers semi-permanent makeup. What is this procedure like? Could a redhead benefit from this?
- Redheads usually have sensitive skin. Before a redhead goes in for a facial or a peel, what should they know first? Are there certain treatments that they should avoid?
- There are so many products on the market that claim to remove hair painlessly. There’s Bleam (the crystal hair eraser), epilators, creams, at-home IPL devices, etc. As consumers, how can we evaluate whether a product will work for us or not?
- Your clinics are on the cutting edge of hair removal technology (which keep getting better!). What new treatments/tools do you see on the horizon?
Article links mentioned in the podcast episode:
Daily, we get an array of questions from social media comments, emails, and direct messages. We thought it would be fun to bring these to the How to be a Redhead podcast! We answer 2-4 questions per podcast. Do you want to send in your questions? Email H2BARPodcast@gmail.com, or DM us on Instagram @HowtobeaRedhead or TikTok @HowtobeaRedhead.
Want to help us spread the news about the How to be a Redhead brand and this podcast? Please give us a 5-star review and tell your friends (redheads and everyone else) to subscribe! You can listen to this podcast directly on HowtobeaRedhead.com, on Apple iTunes, Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts. And don’t forget to look at the podcast notes to find links with products mentioned.. and so much more. Rock it like a Redhead!
Produced by: Adrienne + Stephanie Vendetti. Pam Cameron
Edited By: Robert Cummins Film Co.