Homeopathy for Mommies
Meet John H Clarke
In this podcast, Sue begins her series on classical homeopaths with John Henry Clarke. He was a prominent English classical homeopath, educated at the University of Edinburgh, and he received his medical degree in 1877.
Clarke was a busy practitioner. As a physician he not only had his own clinic in Piccadilly, London, but he also was a consultant at the London Homeopathic Hospital and researched into new remedies — nosodes.
Clarke was keen in his writing and it is even said that he had a desk in his carriage.
For many years, he was the editor of The Homeopathic World. He wrote many books, his best known were Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica and Repertory of Materia Medica (i.e., the Clinical Repertory), both of which are recommended by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's rules on "Conditions under Which Homeopathic Drugs May be Marketed".
By: John H. Clarke MD Books discussed in this Podcast:
A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica (3 Vols.)
A Clinical Repertory to the Dictionary of Materia Medica
List of homeopathic books by Clarke:
(click here to see what is available on Amazon)
* A Dictionary of Domestic Medicine and Homeopathic Treatment
* Catarrh, Colds and Grippe
* Cholera, Diarrhea and Dysentery
* Clinical Repertory
* Clinical Repertory (Indian edition)
* Constitutional Medicine
* Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica, 3 volumes (British edition)
* Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica, 3 volumes (Indian edition)
* Diseases of Heart and Arteries
* Grand Characteristics of Materia Medica
* Gunpowder As A War Remedy
* Hahnemannand Paracelsus
* Homeopathy Explained
* Indigestion-Its Causes and Cure
* Non-Surgical Treatment of Diseases of Glands and Bones
* Prescriber (Indian edition)
* Radium As An Internal Remedy
* The Revolution in Medicine
* The Therapeutics of Cancer
* Therapeutics of the Serpent Poisons
* Un Diccionario De Materia Médica Practica (3 volumes)
* Whooping Cough