Get Unstuck & On Target
Episode 115: Yes, Data in Important – But Don’t Forget About the People
In today’s episode, Mike talks with Jennie Hobbs – She is the Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Upstream Rehabilitation.
Jennie has held progressive HR leadership roles in multiple industries, and she has experience in all of HR including recruitment, retention, training development, affirmative action, policy development, and much, much more.
Jennie Hobb’s Company
We are a outpatient physical therapy company. We’re actually the largest outpatient physical therapy company. We’re in 28 states. Currently have 1200 locations. And what we do is help people get better. If they’ve been injured or had a surgery, and our, we have an amazing group of physical therapists and occupational therapists that help people get better.
Questions in This Episode
- “Tell us about what Upstream Rehabilitation does, please.”
- “What are the data that you find is most important?”
- “How long has your organization been doing employee surveys?”
- “What things have you observed from your vantage point that as an employer are forever changed?”
- “And has that created any resentment?”
- “Tell our viewers and listeners a little more about you and your career progression.”
- “What do you think business leaders get wrong about human resources?”
- “Why have y’all chosen to emphasize fun in your organization?”
- “Would you be willing to share an example where perhaps you got stuck and when that happened, what did it take to get unstuck?”
- “As you step back and reflect on your career thus far, what might be some of the high points?”
- “What else would you like to add to that? To put things in proper perspective?”
- “What is the power of in fact listening?”
- “Have you found that the issues you dealt with in trucking from a people standpoint are very similar to the same issues that you deal with leading the largest rehab organization in the United States?”
- “As you look back on what you have shared, what do you want our listeners to have as takeaways?”
- Website – https://urpt.com
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jennie-hobbs-sphr-21842a2/