Get Unstuck & On Target
Episode 101: DEI: A Strategic Reframing with Erica D’Eramo
Erica D’Eramo founded Two Piers Consulting to support underrepresented communities in the workforce and provide companies with the tools & strategies to effectively create and grow truly diverse & inclusive workplaces.
Erica D’Eramo‘s Biography
Engineer by trade. Diversity, equity, and inclusion professional by choice. With a successful two-decade career in the international energy industry and having been one of the few women in my field, I have made it my life’s work to create diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplaces through research, best practice, and lived experiences. Passionate about reconciling the academic perspective with practical application to enable organizations to elevate their DEI efforts and change the workplace landscape through those activities with the greatest impact. In 2016, I founded Two Piers Consulting to support underrepresented communities in the workforce and provide companies with the tools and strategies to effectively create and grow truly diverse and inclusive workplaces.
Questions in This Episode
In today’s episode, Mike talks with Erica D’Eramo. Erica is an Engineer by trade … Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professional by choice. Let’s learn more about DEI together.
- What do we mean by Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion?
- Why do you see DEI as being a strategic imperative for businesses?
- What is the cost of not getting DEI right?
- What are some of the key challenges when implementing DEI programs?
- What are some of the key myths about DEI?
- What can leaders do to more effectively create diverse, equitable & inclusive organizations?