Get Unstuck & On Target
Episode 98: Why Is Play So Important … Especially Now With Jeff Harry
While we spend most of our time pretending to be important, serious grownups, it’s when we let go of that facade and just play, that the real magic happens. – Jeff Harry
Jeff Harry’s Biography
Jeff Harry combines positive psychology and play to heal workplaces, help teams build psychological safety and assist individuals in addressing their biggest challenges through embracing a play-oriented approach to work. Jeff was selected by BambooHR & Engagedly as one of the Top 100 HR Influencers and has been featured in the NY Times, Mashable, Upworthy, Shondaland, & Wired. Jeff has worked with Google, Microsoft, Southwest Airlines, Adobe, the NFL, Amazon, and Facebook, helping their staff to infuse more play into the day-to-day.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn…
In today’s episode, Mike talks with Jeff Harry. Jeff combines positive psychology in play to heal workplaces, help teams build psychological safety, and help individuals address their biggest challenges.
- How does “Clarity” relate to “Play”?
- Why is “Belonging” so important?
- What actually happens to your brain in a state of flow/play?
- What is unnatural about the 8-hour workday, and how do we change it?
- Jeff’s LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffharryplays/
- Jeff’s Website – rediscoveryourplay.com
- Jeff’s Social Media Links:
- They think they can stop burnout by playing around – Wired
- How to stop wasting time scrolling and start finding joy in play – Mashable
- How Do You Add Play To Grown-Up Life – Even Now – NY Times
- These people took risks and found their purpose pursuing their passion – Upworthy