Geek News Central Podcast
ISP Lied to FCC to Block Competitor Funding #1647
ISP Lied to FCC to Block Competitor Funding by putting in false data about where they currently offered service and at what speeds, which would have made it hard for a competitor to get expansion funds due to there not being a need to build out an area. Yet this lie is in areas with no ISP services existing at all. Not only are people suffering and unable to get high-speed internet, you now have ISPs lying about where they do have service, making it even harder for consumers to get high-speed service.
It’s time to consider becoming a GNC Podcast Insider. Contribute $2, $5, $10, $15, $20, or $25 a month, or make a one-time donation. You can also boost the show V4V and have your boost read live; the easiest way to support the podcast is through a new podcasting 2.0 app at NewPodcastApps.com. You can also contribute by Bitcoin/Satoshis with GetAlby.
Subscribe to the Newsletter.
Join the Chat @ GeekNews.Chat
Email Todd or follow him on Facebook.
Like and Follow Geek News Central Facebook Page.
Geek Central Discord Channel
Download the Audio Show File
Support my Show Sponsor: 5 Best Godaddy Promo Codes
30% Off on GoDaddy Products & Services cjcgeek30
$4.99 GoDaddy coupon for a New or Transferred .com domain cjcgeek99
$1.99 a month Economy Hosting with a free domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1h
$2.99 a month Managed WordPress Hosting with free Domain name. Promo Code: cjcgeek1w
Support the show by becoming a Geek News Central Insider
- Nine signs your laptop has water damage
- Netflix and GM
- Samsung’s Galaxy S23 lineup
- The Moon just passed in front of Mars
- Unopened 1st generation iPhone hits the auction block
- Google is reportedly testing its own AI chatbot
- These streaming services still let you share your passwords
- CNET pushed reporters to be more favorable to advertisers
- Auburn University blocked TikTok
- ISP admits lying to the FCC
- Amazon won’t build warehouse storm shelters
- Starbucks now lets you pay with Venmo
- Comcast will air the Super Bowl in 4K
- Meta paid for data scraping
- Amazon’s delivery drones
- Over 100,000 unfilled jobs in IT
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth is $12 billion
- ACLU pushes back against Google
- Apple and Google face mounting pressure to remove TikTok
- A robot spy beaver
- SpaceX launches 53 more Starlink satellites
- Six new electric Volvos
- FTC fines drug discount app
- Twitter to end free access to its API
- NJ lawmakers considering “Seinfeld” telemarketing bill
The post ISP Lied to FCC to Block Competitor Funding #1647 appeared first on Geek News Central.