Foster & Motley : A podcast about Wealth & Life
How Can I Benefit From a 529 Roth Conversion? With Tony Luckhardt, MBA, CFP®, CRPC®
Saving for college may seem like it starts as soon as you learn about a new addition to the family. With all the discussions about 529 plans to invest in future educational expenses, recent changes have actually made things better, for the most part.
In this episode, Tony Luckhardt, MBA, CFP®, CRPC®, discusses changes to rules around 529 accounts and how they relate to saving for college, and maybe even retirement expenses. He explains the basics of 529 plans, including their tax advantages and options for unused funds.
Tony shares more about:
- How the Secure Act 2.0 plays into this saving strategy
- A new provision that allows for a rollover of funds from a 529 account into a beneficiary’s Roth IRA
- The rules around 529 to Roth conversions
- And more
Connect With Tony:
- Foster & Motley
- Tony Luckhardt, MBA, CFP®, CRPC®
- LinkedIn: Tony Luckhardt
- LinkedIn: Foster & Motley