Dollars & Sense
Using Zoom and Giving Refunds
During the COVID-19 pandemic many homeschool programs used Zoom to stay connected with members. Three group leaders share how they used Zoom in their programs in this podcast episode.
In June 2020, Carol Topp of HomeschoolCPA.com hosted a webinar titled Planning an Uncertain Future for homeschool group leaders. The purpose of the webinar was to help homeschool groups plan their fall activities given the COVID-19 pandemic was making it uncertain of they could operate.
This podcast will air the highlights in small chunks over five episodes.
Join this episode and the other episodes as Carol and three panelists discuss:
* Part 1: Making decisions as a board or team
* Part 2: Tools a homeschool group can use for planning an uncertain future
* Part 3: Dealing with social distancing rules and wearing masks
* Part 4: Questions regarding lawsuits, health restrictions, and accommodating new families
* Part 5: How to communicate the plan to the members
* Part 6: Using Zoom, offering refunds and other topics.
During the podcast Carol mentioned the I am a Homeschool Group Leader Facebook group. Please join us!
The webinar is available to watch on YouTube or no charge. It runs for one hour and 38 minutes!
Books for Homeschool Leaders
HomeschoolCPA has several books to help leaders start and run a homeschool program
* Homeschool Co-ops: How to Start Them, Run Them and Not Burn Out
* Money Management for Homeschool Organizations
* The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization
* Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organization
* Homeschool Board Member Manual
* Taxes for Homeschool Business Owners
All these books can be found at https://homeschoolcpa.com/bookstore/