Dollars & Sense
Special Replay: Tax Exempt Q&A with Homeschool Leaders
This episode is an excerpt from the Indiana Homeschool Leaders Retreat. Carol Topp discusses tax exempt status and answers questions about self-declaring tax exempt status for your homeschool support group.
Visit Carol’s website here
FEATURED PRODUCT from HomeschoolCPA:
The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization
Does your homeschool group need to pay taxes? Could they avoid paying taxes by being a 501c3 tax exempt organization? Do you know the pros and cons of 501c3 status? Do you know what 501c3 status could mean for your homeschool group?
I have the answers for you in my book The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization. The information I share in my book has been helpful to homeschool support groups, co-ops, music and sports groups and will help you understand:
* The benefits of 501c3 status
* The disadvantages too!
* What it takes to make the IRS happy
* What your state requires
* Why your organization should consider becoming a nonprofit corporation
* What is the difference between nonprofit incorporation and tax exemption
* IRS requirements after you are tax exempt
Click Here for more information!