Digital Marketing from the Trenches : Live at the Hive
How to Create an Effective Digital Marketing Strategy for Your Local Business: Part 2
Local marketing strategies have never been more important, so we've decided to build on last week's topic and dig into more strategies and tools you can use!
Check out the video or podcast above. Subscribe to our weekly live stream on Facebook, or take it on the go with a podcast on your chosen platform. Keep up-to-date on news, trends, and tips in digital marketing and join in on the conversation.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch wins the story of the week with their PR Disaster. What were they thinking? Just....wrong. You can read about it and more below!
Challenge-Response Disaster: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Shrimp Tails - The sugary cereal's digital team initially tried to deny a writer's aquatic discovery on Twitter. The prawny saga has become must-see social media entertainment.
Wix and Google Announce GMB Integration - Expanded partnership with Google integrates Google My Business. Makes Wix a more substantial presence in local search.
How Messaging Channels are Surging and Becoming Critical to Marketing Success - More customers are using messaging channels to engage with brands and make purchases; this is evident in the number of first-time users who adopted a messaging channel in the last year.
In part 1 of this blog, we discussed GMB, Google local campaigns, Citations, NAP, and the Map Pack.
In part 2, we're digging deeper into Paid Ads, Ad examples, GMB coupons, how to optimize GMB, and other practical tools to help build your local marketing strategies.
Local marketing will be important in 2021!
* 97% of people learn more about a local company online than any other medium.
* 88% of mobile online searches for local businesses result in either a call or business visit within one day.
Let's break down what we'll be covering:
Local Paid Ad Campaigns
Google Ads is an excellent option for Local Ad campaigns, especially for those with a modest marketing budget.
Your ads will appear across Google's properties, including the Google Search Network, Google Display Network, Google Maps, and YouTube.
Some things to consider when developing local marketing campaigns using Google Ads:
* Create Locations: detailed radius location targeting in Google Ads.
* Locations bid adjustments.
* Talk about the distance to your location in the ad copy.
* Localize call-outs and extensions.
* Create custom landing pages for each location.
Some more pro tips for Google Ads:
* Call-only campaigns are great for emergency services.
* Separate mobile and desktop campaigns (on mobile, users can call right away).
* Don’t be generic, or you’ll get lost in the noise - add specific details that will help people find you locally.
* Use different messaging for corporate vs. residential.