Ghosting and Secret Menus
Why is ghosting a thing? And why are we so obsessed with secret menus? [18:18]
This week, Joey and special guests Steven and Nora talk about the three kinds of ghosting, 'the first few dates,' rejection, Starbucks orders and soda jerks, Panera's hidden menu flop, and Emma Chamberlain. They don't talk about their favorite secret menu items (they're secret, after all.)
- Calling all New Yorkers: check in at Steven Ebert's FourTop.
- Why Ghosting Hurts So Much, from Psychology Today.
- LemonadeMom's YouTube channel
- A take on Panera's 'hidden menu' in 2013
- Italy: one of the last standing places to rebuff Starbucks' grasp (Jess went into a Starbucks this weekend to ask what makes the latest Frapp (and its secret menu counterparts) "taste like tie-dye" and the barista responded "it tastes like a fruit, but I don't know what kind of fruit.")
- The Atlantic and The NY Times on Emma Chamberlain.