Pride and Self-Promotion
How do we make Pride better? And what kind of self-promotion isn't gross? [22:49]
This week, Aaron and Joey talk about the Pink Dollar, "seeing rainbows," authenticity, The Wingman Phenomenon, the fear of the snakeoil salesman, and pop-up ads. They don't talk about how the title of this episode is the title of our yet unwritten, smash-hit mashup memoir: a composite of Joey and Aaron's personal stories and pop-cultured Jane Austen motifs.
- Carlos Maza (and Coleman Lowndes) present: Strikethrough
- Kantar + Hornet's estimate is closer to $917B in buying power. (A lot, but nowhere near the $3T we quoted.) More from Bloomberg on the matter.
- Pride: see related articles from the NY Times or "a history of" from Bustle
- Charity Navigator.
- Hacking the NYTimes Bestseller list.
- These Gallup results and FastCo's interpretation on what they show about self-promotion.
- Science on why we interpret self-promotion the way we do.