Buildings and Beyond – Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
E5: Getting The Most From Heat Pumps
Air-source heat pumps (ASHPs) are a booming business. In the Northeast, manufacturers report that sales of residential systems have increased by 25-35% per year over the past 5-10 years. We’ve seen more and more systems being installed in all types of buildings.
On this episode of Buildings and Beyond, Kelly sits down with her co-host and Principal Mechanical Engineer, Robb Aldrich, to uncover the potential benefits associated with ASHPs and how to get the most from these systems.
Episode Guest: Robb Aldrich
If there is anyone that knows heat pumps, it’s Robb Aldrich. Robb has over 20 years of experience focusing on energy systems in buildings including evaluating new technologies, modeling building performance, optimizing designs, and researching new products and systems. Robb works with builders and design professionals across the country to make residential buildings healthier, more efficient, less costly to build and operate, and more comfortable.
Episode Information and Resources
* To learn more about ASHPs, check out Robb’s post on PartyWalls Blog
* SWA’s DOE-funded study of ductless heat pumps
* Cadmus study of ductless heat pumps for MA/RI utilities
* Cadmus study of ductless heat pumps in VT
* NEEP’s resources on sizing, selecting, and installing heat pumps
* NEEP’s cold-climate heat pump specification
* Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Air-Source Heat Pump Strategies Report
We Want to Hear From You!
Send your feedback and questions to email@example.com
About Buildings and Beyond
Buildings and Beyond is a production of Steven Winter Associates. We provide energy, green building, and accessibility consulting services to improve the built environment. For more information, visit www.swinter.com.
Robb Aldrich | Kelly Westby
Heather Breslin | Alex Mirabile | Dylan Martello
Next up on Buildings and Beyond…
Zero Energy Buildings