Bariatric Surgery Success
#103 Bariatric Nutrition Q & A #10: Your Questions Answered
Do you ever feel that food is getting stuck in your throat or GI tract since you’ve had surgery? What can you do about this discomfort? Bariatric dietitians Gayle and Isabel join me with workable answers and tips on this episode of Bariatric Surgery Success.
Visit Procarenow.com for all of your vitamin, calcium and protein needs. Use Code: Susan10 to save 10%
Bariatric Dietitian Isabel Maples, RD
Fauquier Health Weight Loss Surgery
Gayle Brazzi Smith MS, RDN, CSOWM, LDN
Registered & Licensed Dietitian
Weight Loss and Bariatric Surgery Institute
It’s so uncomfortable when you feel like food is stuck in your throat or your gastrointestinal or GI track. After surgery, I imagine this feeling is even worse. In today's episode we talk about and answer a lot of questions and topics including:
- Why does food get stuck and does it vary with the type of surgery?
- The 3 spots that food seems to get stuck along the road from "bite to belly".
- Speed of eating and mindfulness for prevention.
- Three digestive comfort tips that work to ease this stuck feeling.
- Size of bites
- Should you use meat tenderizer to help?
- How to moisten food and with what?
- Practice before surgery
- Reflux meds