Been All Around This World
S1 E3 - Wave the Ocean, Wave the Sea
Dance tunes from Arkansas, Abruzzo, the island of Dominica, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, a front porch in the North Carolina Piedmont, and an excerpt from the "Dancing Around the World" episode of Alan Lomax's 1948 "Your Ballad Man" radio show.
1. Said excerpt, early 1948, Mutual Broadcasting System.
2. Edward King: Le Jour D L'an (New Years Day). Recorded in Baraga, Michigan, October 1938.
3. Neal Morris & Uncle Charlie Higgins: Wave the Ocean, Wave the Sea. Timbo, Arkansas, September 1959.
4. Sonia Carbon and group: Bo Mwen Che. Woodford Hill, Dominica, June 1962.
5. Unidentified singers with Liborio Garanfa (guitar) and Giuseppe Gavita (violin): Saltarella. Scanno, Abruzzo, Italy, December 1954.
6. Algia Mae Hinton: front porch boogie. Johnston County, North Carolina, July 1983.