SUPERLATIVE: TO BE YOURSELF IN A WORLD OF RULES WITH NICO LEONARD VAN DER HORST OF PRIDE AND PINION WATCH RETAILER
This is Superlative: A Podcast about watches, the people behind them, and the worlds that inspire them. This week our host Ariel Adams is joined by Nico Leonard van der Horst from the Belfast Watch Retailer, “Pride and Pinion”. Ariel asks Nico about being a personality in the watch space today and how that has allowed him to be himself in the eye of the industry. Nico proposes the question “Who has decided the industry has to be as formal as it is today?” They talk about what it was like for him to move to Belfast from The Netherlands, what the watch culture was like there when he got there, and how it has evolved. Ariel asks him to dive into the store “Pride and Pinion” and to talk about developing this company in a city that did not have the biggest watch interest at the time. The evolution of his career as a watch retailer from inception to currently is discussed, and how important the specific curation of the inventory is at Pride and Pinion.
To stay updated with Nico and Pride and Pinion:
- Website - https://prideandpinion.com/
- YouTube @Paulwilmotcomm - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXPXfAAo-yV6Y-0PZecwBLw
- Instagram @Nicoleonardvanderhorst - https://www.instagram.com/nicoleonardvanderhorst/
- Instagram @Prideandpinion - https://www.instagram.com/prideandpinion/
To check out the ABTW Shop where you can see our products inspired by our love of Horology:
- Shop ABTW - https://store.ablogtowatch.com/
To keep updated with everything Superlative and aBlogtoWatch, check us out on:
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ablogtowatch/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/ABLOGTOWATCH
- Website - https://www.ablogtowatch.com/
If you enjoy the show please Subscribe, Rate, and Review!