Dear Rochester, Retire Well
Are You Maximizing Your Tax Savings? with Trevor Smith (Ep. 71)
In a world where financial decisions are becoming increasingly complex, understanding the nuances of tax planning has never been more critical.
In this episode, David Pulcini is joined by Trevor Smith, CPA, to talk about tax planning. Together, they go over some of the different year-end tax planning ideas that an advisor can help you with so you can pay less in taxes, now and in the future. They explore 3 of the 20 strategies for maximizing tax savings on their tax planning checklist, including Roth conversions and harvesting losses. They also touch on the backdoor Roth IRA strategy for high-income earners.
Their conversation emphasizes the need for a financial professional who specializes in tax planning to handle complex tax matters.
David and Trevor talk about:
- How Trevor got into the financial services industry and what led him to tax preparation
- The hardest part of the CPA process
- What they do with clients’ tax returns when they receive them
- Three of the most important parts of their tax planning checklist
- What a Roth conversion is and how much you can convert
- What tax loss harvesting is
- What the “backdoor Roth IRA” is and some of the common mistakes they’ve seen people make with them
- And more
- Purchasing Practices Part 1: Our Process With Joe Prestigiacomo, CFP® (Ep. 68)
- Purchasing Practices Part 2: Answering Our FAQ with Joe Prestigiacomo, CFP® (Ep. 69)
- Purchasing Practices Part 3: The Capstone With Joe Prestigiacomo, CFP® (Ep. 70)
Book Time with David Pulcini:
Connect with David Pulcini:
- SixPoint Financial
- (585) 406-4645
- LinkedIn: David Pulcini
- LinkedIn: SixPoint Financial
- Twitter: SixPoint Financial
- Facebook: SixPoint Financial
Connect with Trevor Smith:
About our Guest:
Trevor Smith is a seasoned CPA specializing in retirement income and tax optimization. He is committed to helping clients secure their financial future. His mission is to create tailored retirement income plans while minimizing their tax liabilities, ensuring they keep more of what they’ve earned. Trevor provides personalized solutions, upholds the highest professional standards, and empowers clients with financial knowledge. He aims to start their journey towards financial freedom and a worry-free retirement. In 2017, Trevor graduated from State University of New York at Fredonia with a Bachelor of Science in Public Accountancy and Business Administration with a concentration in Finance. Trevor has an active CPA (Certified Public Accountant) license with the state of New York. In addition to his career as a CPA/Advisor, Trevor is an avid golfer and fitness enthusiast. He and his wife, Rachel, are proud season ticket holders for the Buffalo Bills, sharing unforgettable moments cheering for their team. They are also passionate supporters of the Buffalo Sabres. These experiences add a dynamic balance to Trevor’s life, and his genuine love for helping clients succeed is his driving force.
Securities offered by Registered Representatives of Private Client Services. Member FINRA / SIPC. Advisory services offered by Investment Advisory Representatives of RFG Advisory, a registered investment advisor. Private Client Services, Six Point Financial Partners, and RFG Advisory are unaffiliated entities. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where RFG Advisory and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. No advisory services may be rendered by RFG Advisory unless a client agreement is in place.