The Bucket Plan® On-Demand Series
FIAs as a Bond Alternative Applied
On this episode of our Take Action Podcast series hosted by Jason L Smith, we share a special guest interview of Jamie Hopkins, a professor at The American College and Director of the New York Life Center for Retirement Income. Together they discuss their candid, first-hand experiences with implementing fixed indexed annuities as a bond alternative, including:
- What is an FIA and how does it work (common misconceptions)
- How to easily and accurately explain this vehicle to clients
- Three primary uses and considerations for FIAs including
- Flooring approach for predictable income
- Bucketing based on time segmentation and
- Systematic withdrawals for a total return approach
Jamie Hopkins, a professor at The American College and Director of the New York Life Center for Retirement Income. Hopkins is a well-recognized writer, speaker and thought leader in the area of retirement income planning. His most recent book, Rewirement: Rewiring The Way You Think About Retirement, details the behavioral finance issues that hold people back from a more financially secure retirement.
For financial professional use only. Not for use with the general public.