Around Pickens Podcast

Around Pickens Podcast


013 - Going with the Flow with Utilities Director Phillip Dean

April 01, 2024

More than 70% of the Earth’s surface is water and of that 97% of it is salty. Of the remaining 3% less than 1% is in rivers or aquifers. 

Here in Pickens county we have neither of those, so how does the government provide water to everyone? We’ll explore that question and others in this month’s conversation with Utilities Director Phillip Dean. Later in the episode Chairman Stancil will address a viewer question about recent changes to zoning for “lower intensity” parcels. If you have a question for Kris send it to us at questions@pickenscountyga.gov.


Links: To learn more about water rates and reports visit the Utilities department’s webpage https://pickensga.com/water-sewer/ and follow them on Facebook for any updates: https://www.facebook.com/pickenscountywatersewerauthority 


loaded