Managing the transition from 1 to 2 children with Genevieve Muir
Are you pregnant and soon to bring another child into your family? Do you want to hear a fresh voice that dispells many of the "perfect" parenting approaches and you can be the "good enough" parent? Today's episode is jam packed with so many hints & tips relating to parenting you are going to want to grab a pen & paper to take notes.
In this episode, I chat with Genevieve Muir, an Obstetric Social Worker and Parent Educator at the Mater hospital in Sydney, and also a mother to four beautiful boys. Genevieve is passionate about helping families adapt to the modern parenting world and all its challenges and not only survive but thrive.
During this episode we cover many different parenting topics to help you ditch the "perfect"parenting approach.
* Tips and advice on how to manage the transition from one to two children
* Setting boundaries with children - It’s ok to say no
* Strategies for managing mum guilt & why you only need to be around 30% of the time
* Benefit of defining your values with your partner and what you are trying to create as a family to do what is best for you & your family
* Why the biggest thing that gets in our way with parenting is ourselves
* How we can provide good foundations for our children so they can feel supported, resilient and confident
As a generation of parents, we are trying so hard and we're trying to be so perfect, we're pushing ourselves too hard. If anything we need to dial down that pressure and know that 30% is how much our children need us to be connecting and setting boundaries and being with their emotions. Our kids don't need perfect parents.
Doors will open in a few weeks to the Working Mumma Village - be sure to put your name on the waitlist. Click here.
Connect with Genevieve Muir
Connect with Working Mumma/Carina O'Brien
* Instagram: @workingmummacommunity
* Facebook: @workingmummaAU
* Website: www.workingmumma.com.au
* LinkedIn - Working Mumma or Carina O'Brien