Plant Proof - Plant Based Nutrition & Inspirational Stories
Truly reversing insulin resistance & Type 2 Diabetes with Robby and Cyrus from Mastering Diabetes
In Episode 74 I sit down with Robby & Cyrus from Mastering Diabetes to chat about Diabetes (Type 1, 1a, Pre, and Type 2) and the role that nutrition plays on insulin resistance. We go through the body of scientific literature and explain what causes insulin resistance and how to actually reverse it.
Specifically we cover:
• Their personal journeys with Type 1 Diabetes
• Pathophysiology of Insulin Resistance
• Difference between low carb ketogenic type diets for Insulin Resistance and High Carb Low Fat diets
• Why Keto diets can promote insulin resistance (poorer ability to handle carbohydrates)
• What truly reversing insulin resistance actually means - specifically the the difference between reversing insulin resistance and managing blood glucose control
• Common diabetic complications and why reversing insulin resistance is so important
• Nutrition for reversing insulin resistance & diabetic complications (the practical stuff)
• and so much more
Strap yourselves in this is a long one (2.5 hours) but I guarantee by the end of it you will have learned so much about Diabetes and finally understand the mechanism that causes insulin resistance and how to reverse it and improve health outcomes. Not only is this understanding important for people with Diabetes but really anyone looking to better their health, particularly anyone who is overweight (millions of people have undiagnosed pre diabetes). Insulin resistance is a spectrum and eating to promote optimal glucose tolerance means you will be able to enjoy some of the most healthful food groups in the world associated with longevity.
If you any comments or questions, Robby, Cyrus (@masteringdiabetes) and myself (@plant_proof) would love to hear from you. Please tag us on social media or leave a quick review on iTunes.
Creator of Plantproof.com - your FREE resource for plant based nutrition information
If you want to receive FREE nutritional information to your inbox subscribe to the Plant Proof Newsletter
Book coming out 2020 with Penguin (all proceeds being donated to charity)