Family Bytes Podcast
The Polygamist Daughter: A Discussion about Family Dynamics, Abuse, and Redemption
Anna LeBaron, daughter of the infamous polygamist and convicted murderer, Ervil LeBaron, is today's special guest.
Listen to her captivating story and as Freddie and Anna chat about what it was like growing up as a child in a polygamist community - from extreme poverty, neglect and children raising one another, child slave-labor, and the chaos of always running from the law.
Anna not only shares her own story, but the effects of the parental relationships and lack of relationship with her father and mother in her adult life and in her spiritual life, and how she's experienced FREEDOM in who her parents are and how she grew up.
You'll hear them discuss the following:
- when performance-based value is your reality.
- how trauma, abuse, neglect in childhood shapes every part of us.
- how abuse comes in many different forms and the effect of abuse is the same, no matter how "big or small" the abuse scenario is.
- PTSD and how sharing with community combated the symptoms of PTSD.
- What a holistic approach to healing & self-care looks like.