Episode 39 - Team Life VI - Performance Through Promises
March 05, 2018
The only way to create a culture of trust, and to fully leverage the power of teams, is to make sure you keep promises you make.
- Keeping promises is a crucial component of building tight teams. Everyone pledges, few are truly good to their word
- Use the words ‘promise’ and ‘committments’ in the team room instead of ‘task’ - it tends to carry more weight
- Use the stand up to track these promises - the three questions then become “what promises did you keep yesterday”, "what promises do you make today”, and “what prevents you from keeping your promises”
- Think of improvement items in retrospectices as promises - from team member to team member
- Try using a daily team promise or committment