Wrestling with God Show
Ep83 Encore: Why Does God Allow School Shootings and Other Evils?
Father Len explains why God allows evil in the world and how we choose to react to evil can cause bane or enlightenment.
Highlights, Ideas, and Wisdom
- God gives us free will to choose our actions. It’s up to us to choose good or evil.
- If God took away our choices, we’d no longer be human beings. We’d be preprogrammed like toasters and robots.
- “It makes no sense to pray for somebody to do something. I pray that someone’s heart will be open to see the right choice.” – Father Len
- God loves us so much that he allows us to choose our own actions.
- God allows us to choose how we react to evil and evil doers. Will we choose the path to bane or enlightenment?
- “The Plague” by Albert Camus
- “The evil that is in the world comes out of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence, if they lack understanding.” – Albert Camus
- “A loveless world is a dead world.” – Albert Camus
- “All a man could win in the conflict between plague and life was knowledge and memories.” – Albert Camus
- Our choices are not predetermined. God exists outside of time and space. God’s view of our lives appears much like a painting does to us. God can see it all from beginning to end. All the choices we make in our lives are in full view to God. They are not predetermined by God.
- Throughout our lives, God will constantly urge, beg, and intervene to try to change our hearts to make the right choices.
- God allows us to choose light or darkness.