The Very Short Introductions Podcast
Slang – The Very Short Introductions Podcast – Episode 36
In this episode, Jonathon Green introduces slang. Slang has been recorded since at least 1500 AD, and today’s vocabulary, taken from every major English-speaking country, runs to over 125,000 slang words and phrases.
Please note that this episode contains a few instances of explicit language. Listener discretion is advised.
Learn more about “Slang: A Very Short Introduction” here:
Jonathon Green is Britain’s foremost lexicographer of slang and an independant scholar. His has written many publications including the Chambers Slang Dictionary, the Slang Thesaurus, and Slang Down the Ages. He has also compiled dictionaries of quotations and oral histories of modern culture.
Follow The Very Short Introductions Podcast on:
– Apple Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/2SQQ79R
– Blubrry: https://oxford.ly/2IVCep0
– Google Podcasts: https://oxford.ly/34W2bvY
– SoundCloud: https://oxford.ly/3nPvtoD
– Spotify: https://oxford.ly/3dxUJuP
– Stitcher: https://oxford.ly/3k9kEvH
© Oxford University Press