Top Advisor Podcast
Ep. #31: The Secret Sauce to Winning High Net Worth Prospects in the First Meeting with Erin Botsford, CFP®
How would you like to turn high net worth prospects into clients in the very first meeting, instead of chasing them or wondering if they are going to come back for a second appointment?
I think it’s safe to say that your answer to the above question is “yes” – as long as that prospect is a good match for your business.
First, they have to feel they can trust you. (You’re probably pretty good at doing this already).
Second, if there is no triggering event going on in their life, you’ll need to create one. You want to uncover at least one critical issue that will compel them to take action to find resolution.
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates sits down with Erin Botsford, CFP, Founder & CEO of The Advisor Authority, and author of Seven Figure Firm.
In this lively interview between Bill and Erin, you will discover:
- Erin’s “disturbing track” strategy to win a new client on the first appointment.
- How Erin started her financial advisory firm without knowing anyone in the industry
- The “out to lunch bunch” strategy and how it can help you get introduced to high net worth prospects.
- How and why using stories is more important than presenting information.
- How you can get a complimentary copy of Erin’s book, Seven Figure Firm.
- And more!
Connect With Bill Cates:
Connect With Erin Botsford:
About Our Guest:
Erin Botsford started in the financial industry in 1989 at a time when there were practically no mentors. But after spending over 30 years in the financial services business and achieving at the highest levels (Barron’s Top 100 in all categories – Independent, Advisor, and Women Advisor), Erin sold her business in 2017 in a successful exit, to found The Advisor Authority to help financial advisors as a way to give back to the industry that allowed her to grow.