The Good Life EDU Podcast
Is There a Workforce Design Problem in Education, and If So, How Might We Address It?
This week, we explore a "co-teaching plus" approach to reimagining how teams of teachers can facilitate learning experiences thanks to Brent Maddin, the Executive Director of the Next Education Workforce Team and the Professor of Practice at the MLF Teachers' College at Arizona State University.
If you are interested in joining the 2022-2023 Next Education Workforce Learning Cohort, you can do so here:
Here is the Resource Collection related to budget-neutral financial models that support innovative staffing (referenced in the episode).
Recent press on the Next Education Workforce
- The Nevada Independent, “Reimagining Teaching” (July 28, 2022)
- AZ Republic OpEd, “Arizona needs great teachers, not just warm bodies, in classrooms. Here's how to get them” (July 30, 2022)
- EdWeek, “It’s Time to Rethink the ‘One Teacher, One Classroom’ Model” (July 20, 2022)
- Ed Surge, “Arizona Needs Teachers. Does the Answer Lie Beyond Recruitment?” (July 20, 2022)
- Scottsdale/Paradise Valley Independent, “Leaving the classroom: 30% of Scottsdale Unified teachers resign, retire” (July 6, 2022)
- CNET, “The Great Resignation Hasn’t hit School Teachers Yet. Here’s Why it Still Might.” (Feb 14, 2022).