The Expert Economy
Episode 8: Why You Will Go Broke Booking “1-2-1s” With New Prospects
Why will go broke booking "1-2-1" appointments with Prospects
After attending a networking event, we're always encouraged to book 1-2-1 appointments with people we might like to work with. It's certainly is a nice idea. But it is also the fastest way to go broke!
In this episode, I discuss why having 1-2-1s is the fastest way to go broke, and how as Expert Entrepreneurs whose business is time sensitive, we need to be far more careful with our time. I offer an alternative method for getting to know new prospects that will energise your business and reap a return.
Booking 1-2-1s are a waste of time. Aside from the travel time, the cost of the coffee and the unwanted calories, if a conversation has no direction it will get you no where.
Structuring your 1-2-1 with a value proposition that allows you to demonstrate your knowledge and service while getting to know your prospect is far more productive for both parties.
When someone has seen you in action, they are better able to refer your services to your ideal prospects, and buy from you if appropriate.
Booking appointments back-to-back will also help you keep to time, as well as use your energy and focus in the most productive way.
Being clear on the outcome and purpose of any appointment will ensure your business grows.
LISTEN TO THE FULL EPISODE
FEATURED ON THE SHOW
* Download my book The Expert Economy
* Pre-register for the next Expert Economy Strategy course
* Come hang out on LinkedIn with me and connect with other like-minded peeps
LOVING THE SHOW?
* Don’t miss an episode: subscribe and receive email notifications when you download the book
* Follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
* Leave us a review on your Podcast platform.
* Ask me a question by leaving the show a message
* Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!
Available Now On: