The Round Six Podcast
The Jimi Day Experience
ALEX AND BRIAN JAM WITH JIMI.
Brad was off on a top-secret mission at Steve Strope's place, and that left Alex and Brian to do their thing. It was the perfect time to grab a guest we've wanted to have on for some time, Jimi Day of FM3 Marketing. We're just weeks out from the SEMA Show, and it was a nice, relaxing evening talking to one of the amazing people behind may of the absolutely mind-blowing automotive events which his company produces and promotes.
If there's any truth to the old adage of a podcast hitting its peak in their thirties, well, they're starting off with a bang around here. Welcome to the big three-oh, kids.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Jimi on planning an event
– The planning process for an event
– The "event plan"
– Moving from the event plan to the playbook
- Jimi's headband
- The planning timeline
- Search for the Ultimate Street Car
- On building an NHRA-quality track on Woodward Avenue for a one-day event
- Brian plots the Altamont of car events
- On eliminating surprises and executing in the moment as necessary
- On the old days of car shows VS the modern
- From Imagine Motorsports and investment-grade restorations to driving cars
– Preservation vs enjoyment
- FM3 Road Trip Cars and Cones
– The incredible concept behind the event
– Sign up for 2019 at fm3roadtrip.com
- How investment banking bred confidence
- The gut/brain connection and how to utilize it
- Getting outside of your comfort zone to create something new
- Drive Auto X
– Getting people involved
– All about seat time (12-14 runs per day!)
– No more shagging cones
- On exit strategies and economic indicators
– Planning on the fly
- The Pony Car Steeplechase Challenge is pitched
For more information, or if you;re looking to create your own signature event, please reach out to Jimi and his amazing team at FM3marketing.com, or hit Jimi direct on email at email@example.com.
For information on the Drive Auto X program, please hit www.driveautox.com.