The Round Six Podcast
What's Kuchen with Kevin Oeste
KEVIN OESTE HOPS ABOARD THE MIGHTY ROUND SIX FREIGHT TRAIN
Episode twenty-two of the podcast that shouldn't have brings it all next-level with the always awesome, always friendly and super-prolific Kevin Oeste of V8 Speed & Resto Shop, V8TV, and Muscle Car of the Week. And his team just broke 50,000 subscribers on their YouTube channel. If that doesn't make you feel lazy by comparison, he's also the face on many promo videos for aftermarket companies and the host of SEMA Central at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.
...and he likes Buicks. And knows his kuchen.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- A regrettable but damned funny innuendo-loaded intro
- Kevin's awesome media presence
- A terribly naughty pee joke
- Kevin and Brian film at SEMA
– Round Six's Brian was the first guest on the V8 Radio podcast!
- Kevin's background in radio
– How he and Mike Clark teamed-up on their podcast
- Superfans gone wild
- Early automotive influences
- Riding along with Dad in the Police cruiser
- The importance of engaging the youth in our hobby and industry
– Moving beyond the car show to the movement; getting kids INTO cars literally
- The difference between ours and the next generation
– The aspect of personal safety is pushing kids away from hot rodding
- Today's technology is magical
- Flat Earth theory... It'll make sense
- Engineering in the face of legislation
- Oeste's involvement in SEMA
- Working with Hot Rod Magazine
- The different missions of people at the SEMA Show
– The recurring theme of the importance of interpersonal relationships
- Recognizing the value of your own business or production
- C0-hosting the SEMA Hall of Fame banquet with Jessi Combs
– On inducting his hero Ed Pink
- "Don't screw this up, stupid"
- Giving thanks for being a friend
- "Old cars make new friends"
- Return of the Vantheon!
– The $300 Dodge van
- Celebrating the success of your colleagues
- Brian plots his tattoo
– Two sleeves and a back battle
– The Star Wars front gets weird
- The Buick thing
- "The Sewer Sniffer" Skylark
- Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals
- All the latest goings-on in the V8 Speed and Resto Shop