The Round Six Podcast
Escape from Madison County
THE GEARHEADS GO HOLLYWOOD
The Round Six Gearheads sat down and just riffed about movies, cars, movie cars, and car chases. They even ponder the genius of a Bridges of Madison County crossover action film. Yeah, it's a bumpy ride here in episode ten. We go Hollywood so that you don't have to.
THINGS COVERED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Animal-shaped/themed wheels
– Return of the goldfish wheel
- Plotting the ultimate heist getaway car
- Wondering just how many sentient cars there were in movies and TV
- The ultimate mash-up
- "WHERE IS MY TURBO-BOOST BUTTON?!"
- Making Love Bugs, not War Machines
- Barney Rubble in a leotard? Sure. Why not? Don't judge Eric.
- ANOTHER Joie Chitwood Thrill Show reference
- Never-ending fries? No, but we'll have many extra hubcaps, please.
- Exploring the insurance claims of car chases
- The obviously humorous side of exploding gas stations in movie chases
- An accident so violent the vehicle brand changes
- The value of having production designers who understand cars
- The eighty-four second quarter mile run
- The guys pitch a new YouTube channel idea
- Heart Like a Wheel/Face Full of Oil
- The incredible weakness of film car hood hinges
- Fast cars or character development?
– Living life nine sequels at a time
- Why an NOS energy drink works, but a Bars Leak-branded one wouldn't
- Bottoming-out in Alex's getaway car
– The value of air shocks in your heist car, and keeping them filled
- The delightful Clint Eastwood/Snake Plissken mash-up
- Re-imagining sappy love stories as car movies
- A call-back to the Round Six trophy
- Worst-ever stock car racing movie crew chief
- Drink your Hydrazine!
– The birth of energy drink spokesman, Hydro Gene
- More assorted juvenile idiocy