Teach Me, Teacher
#143 These Kids: Inside the Mind of an 8th Grader
Hello everyone! Coming off the major release of my spoken word poem THESE KIDS, where I say the line, "I'm tired of hearing ABOUT these kids, I want to hear from them..." I decided to do just that on this episode of the Teach Me, Teacher podcast.
I sat down with one of my school's top students and discussed with her what it was really like to be an 8th grader. Along with this, we covered:
* Do phones really cause that many problems?
* Should adults be worried about student stress/depression/sadness levels?
* What do teachers do to make you want to be in class?
* What do teachers do to make you not want to be in class?
* What was it like transitioning from elementary to middle school?
And even how she has grown over her 2 and half years as a middle schooler.
This was such a fun talk, and something I'd love to do again if you all enjoy it!
Give it a listen and let me know what you think.
A special thank you to Viewsonic for sponsoring this episode of the podcast! Please check out their amazing resources for teachers here.