The Secrets of the Wealthy Podcast
Taxes In Retirement Part 2: Are You Retiring to a Lower Tax Bracket? (Ep. 35)
Americans are depleting their excess savings, credit card debt has reached a record high, and student loan payments will resume soon.
In the previous episode, John Mints discussed the reality of our Government’s spending problem and the complexity of the tax code.
In this episode, he dives further into the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 and its effects on individuals and corporations. With the high probability of taxes rising in the future, and most people remaining in the same or higher tax brackets in retirement, he explains the need for proper tax-planning strategies to avoid paying excessive taxes.
- The impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 on individuals and corporations
- The expiration of temporary tax cuts in the near future and the myth of retiring to a lower tax bracket
- What we can learn from the history of tax rates
- The unsustainability of the current debt-to-GDP ratio
- The only two possible solutions to solve our nation’s debt-to-GDP ratio problem and their implications
- The importance of proactive tax planning
- And more!
Connect with John Mints: