Happy Birthday, Todd!
Here at Blubrry we’re big believers that podcasters should have a website for their podcast, and it turns out we’re not the only one. Check out the article listed below that details reasons why a podcaster should always have a website for their show.
Submitting your podcast to directories is critical so people can find your show everywhere, and owning those listings is important is any issues come up and the directory team needs to contact you.
We’ve been talking about our PowerPress update for a while now and earlier this week it finally went live. PowerPress 8.3 is ready and available for all users, with significant user interface changes. And we’ve got a webinar coming up to review all of the changes made, sign up here.
Thanks for joining us this episode of Podcast Insider. Looking to be a guest on the show? Let us know.
Recorded live from two well-separated and socially distant podcast studios in northern and southern Michigan, here’s a Podcast Insider show LIVE.
This week on Podcast Insider…
- Infinite Dial 2020 Canada, happened earlier today, at 1PM EST today.
- Why it’s critical to have a website for your podcast, from Brenden Mulligan.
- According to a recent survey, Joe Rogan could lose a chunk of his audience by going exclusive with Spotify.
- Podthon is happening July 18-19, 2020, as a virtual summit.
- 96,537 podcasts were added to Apple in May (a new record), according to My Podcast Reviews.
Submitting to the Directories and Apps
- One published episode is required to submit to directories. Typically most podcast apps only download the last episode if you’re subscribed. Submitting multiple episodes at launch may have disadvantages such as only the last episode is downloaded when someone subscribes. Older episodes may or may not be listened to.
- Episodes can not be made private and continue to be published in directories. One episode has to be public to be found.
- Launches work best when you’ve already submitted an episode zero or pilot episode. That way, you can ensure your new episodes will be found in directories on launch day.
- Submit to directories yourself; do not leave this up to a third-party organization (such as your hosting company).
- PowerPress 8.3 is out, finally!
- Columbus CEO Magazine featured Todd Cochrane
- Meet Toby, he works on our Pro-Production team, article on our blog.
We want you on our show! Set up an interview with Todd, Mike or MacKenzie to tell your podcast story on Podcast Insider.
- Webinar coming soon! PowerPress 8.3 webinar, Tuesday, June 16th 4PM EST. Sign up!
- All the how-to videos for PowerPress 8.3 have been updated. Give them a look if you’d like to review changes made and how to find everything.
- Podcasting by Committee: AKA too many people involved in the tech side of your show. Designate one or two people on your team that will take care of all tech and interact with support.
- Mike’s favorite tools for ensuring your podcast feed is healthy after publishing an episode:
- CastFeedValidator.com – Check your feed here after posting a new episode
- Firefox Browser with the RSSPreview plugin/add-on – Load your feed in Firefox to see if the post shows up and that it has a working mp3 link in it (click on the mp3 link).
- Chrome Browser – Load your feed in Chrome to make sure it comes up as XML code and not plain text / HTML (this only works if you are not using a service that formats your feed like Podcast Mirror or Blubrry.com based feeds).
- Play Your Show – Try the player on your website to make sure it plays.
- Subscribe to Your Show – Apple or either Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts and make sure YOU get the episode. (Stitcher, Tunein, Spotify and others like that will not work for this. Use Apple or Google).
Promo code INSIDER for a free month at Blubrry.com
Coming at you this week from two very separate podcast studios in Michigan. Produced by the Blubrry Pro-Production team.
- Schedule a one-on-one with Todd (hosting customers only) Email email@example.com
- Schedule a tech checkup with Mike (hosting customers only) Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us your podcast sticker and a self-address stamped envelope (SASE) and we will send you a Blubrry care package.
Our mailing address is:
Blubrry – MacKenzie
150 E. Campus View Blvd. #180
Columbus, Ohio 43235